As if I had not got enough irons in the fire, Ian thought it would be a good idea to get me a squad of 28mm WWII Russians to play ‘Operation Squad’. My first fear is that for me this is a larger scale than my prefered, in a period I have a passing interest, and its the start of a New Year with one of my goals to be to paint more figures than I buy. I thought I had better get them painted before they meandered up into the loft.
I must say I was a little suprised as I managed to paint all 9 of them in a single evening. Two short spells over the next couple of evenings and they are based up and varnished (just the flock to add – but again I want to trial something out before I complete this step). Painting was eased by Sean who loves WWII and gave me some invaluable input as I painted them.
So here we have my Russians for Operation Squad, and a start to the year of 9 painted and 0 bought! Somehow the ‘lead’ mountain seems unchanged.
Next up I may finally get to set out what I would like to get done in 2013!